Having a Fleet Week party?
Here are some fun Go America! Recipes gathered from around the web.
From Good Morning America U.S. Marine’s Barbeque Chicken. This recipe comes from a cook off between the U.S. Navy. We tried this one and it was delish! If you make it be sure to mention it’s a U.S. Marine favorite.
- 3 1/2 pounds chicken (broiler fryer), cut up into 8 portions.
- 4 ounce bottle chili sauce
- 1 16-ounce bottle tomato catsup
- 4 ounces cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 5 ounces prepared mustard
- 2 tsp. cayenne
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place the chicken on a shallow baking pan with space between the pieces. Combine all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Stir with a wire whisk until completely smooth.
Reserve half of the sauce for dipping. Spoon the sauce over the chicken; reserve 1/4 cup to spread over the chicken for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Bake in the oven until nicely browned and cooked through, 50 minutes to one hour.
Place on a serving platter and serve the sauce along with the chicken.
For dessert bettycrocker.com has a slew of cake type recipes (as seen above), our favorite is the angel food with berries (of course!).
Gotta have the signature drink! From one our favorite sites on the art or drinking, Drink of the Week here are their picks for five blue drinks:
- The Aviation: Since it’s San Francisco and our bartenders are way into old-timey cocktails, prohibition and pre-prohibition era cocktails, try this yummy and delicious cocktail with crème violet that turns a pretty shade of blue.
- The Blue Hawaii: For some reason, this drink makes me think of Top Gun and Top Gun makes me think of the Blue Angels.
- The Red, White and Blue: They are our men in uniform. Need we say more? They bleed red, white and blue.
- The Blue Moon: A pretty awesome drink. Give the boys in blue (or white) something new to try.
- The Blue Motorcycle: Again, it brings back images of Maverick from Top Gun, which makes me think of the Blue Angels.
Have we missed one of your favorite recipes or Fleet Week party ideas? Let us know