Guest Contributor Misa Phutangdee, founder of Miss Go to Girl, a concierge service for everything from party planning to personal assistance, offers these great tips to conquer the holidays!
First week after Thanksgiving:
1. Make Appointments. This week is the perfect time to book your appointments. Don’t wait until the last week to call your hairstylist, manicurist, esthetician, dermatologist—you fill in the blank. Haven’t we learned yet that we are not their only clients? Give them a call this week, book your appointments, write them in your calendar and commit to it. Set the appointments for the week before your big holiday party so your new color and cut, mani and pedi and possibly new face are fresh and primped for the week when your family and friends are in town.
2. Hire Babysitters. Take a look at upcoming holiday parties you have that are for adults only. Is the cost of babysitters driving you bananas? Be resourceful, schedule sleep over’s if it’s going to be a real late night.
3. Organize Photos. Set aside 3 hours for every member of your family to come together and select their favorite photos from the year. You can go the old fashioned route of sticking them in an album or go online to Shutterfly or Costco to create a memory book where there’s plenty of room for color and creativity. If your children are school age or older, chances are they are computer savvy and they can even take on this project.
4. Online Shopping. Shop from the comfy confines of your couch (laptop in hand). Many online stores also offer gift-wrapping and the vendor can ship the item directly to the recipient. Wrapping gifts and standing in line at the post office is now one more thing to cross off your list!
5. Buy Stamps. Are you in need of extra stamps for those holiday cards? This year, you can be creative and get your face on your stamp! Just go to www.photostamps.com, upload your picture, customize your stamp if you wish, then check out and have them delivered to your door step!
Photo via Flickr: by MJ/TR (´･ω･)